A little round up of a few favourites from the past year, weddings and editorial. Plus (and I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a big plus) a round up of the music and films I liked last year at the end. Here we go!
This was my favourite music. I know, it’s unrelated but on the off chance you listen/watch some of these, let me know what you think.
5. Warmduscher – Whale City Incredible energy live. Guitars, feedback and dub. If you get the chance to see them it’s a guaranteed good time.
4. Uneven Paths – Brilliant album of 80’s odd pop music.
3. Fg Romance – What is Love Today Okay it’s not an album but it makes up for that in pure quality. Straight out of Belgium the best pop song for a long time.
2. Sebastian Gandera – Le Raccourci Another resissue, but there really wasn’t much chance of owning the originals given most of these came from tapes sold by Sebastian himself.
- Yellow Days, Cindy Lee, Hers, Banes World A bunch of indie bands that seem to be headed in the same direction. Dreamy, pop based, accessible and subtle in equal measure, they seem to be ploughing the same furrow artists like Conan Moccasin seem to have started. For me it makes indie relevant again.
The Square was my runaway favourite closely followed by Calibre.
Over and out. If you would like to chat about your wedding next year then do drop me a line. It would be great to hear from you.